free counters We welcome newcomers!

Remember: if you participate with us, please link to and mention us in your post.

Monday 10 November 2014

R is for Rambling

I have this blog called Ramblin' with Roger, which you may have visited. Occasionally people, usually those who don't READ it, will ask what the blog is about, and I usually say, "Whatever is on my mind."

In the dictionary, one definition of the word RAMBLING is: "(of a plant) putting out long shoots and growing over walls or other plants." That's rather what I had in mind when I picked the name, except for the plant part. REACHING out in all directions!

What's the definition in a more linguistic sense? "(Of writing or speech) lengthy and confused or inconsequential. Synonyms: long-winded, verbose, wordy, prolix. " Ouch.

Well, I hope I'm not TOO long-winded in these introductions. Heck, I'm going to quit this one RIGHT now!

Except for an appropriate musical link: LISTEN to Ramblin' Rose by Nat "King" Cole, which reached #1 for five weeks on the Billboard adult contemporary charts in the summer of 1962. It also went to #2 for two weeks on the pop charts, and #7 on the RHYTHM & blues charts.
***


22 comments:

  1. Rambling is a word I really like. Church youth groups in England used to go for rambles regularly. Always lots of fun and with all England's network of footpaths there were always plenty of places to ramble. I feel bad about dropping out of ABC because I do enjoy it and I still visit. I just feel the need to eliminate deadlines from my life right now and I have to say that although I miss you all, not having to stress about putting up a post has been a relief. I hope I'll be back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes only through Rambling we find that thread of Reason that is just Right. So Ramble away, Roger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knew we had a lot in common, I'm ramblin' all the time :-)

    Nice intro and thanks for the song. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great intro Roger. I like that word...ramble!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ramblin' Gamblin' Man! ;-) Thanks for your intro post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ramble away Roger, you always have something interesting to say!
    Pretty rose :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I consider my blog rather random, which is also a good R word. I have rather enjoyed your rambling whenever I chance to visit.
    In another couple of weeks I will jump back into ABC Wednesday right where I left off and right in time for Thanksgiving (which interestingly enough starts with T).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess i love rambling away as well :D Love your rose and ramble, Roger.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always enjoy your ramblings, and definitely think I want to have you in my team if I ever play a music trivia game. That's definitely one of your areas of expertise. Blessings, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I liked your rambling, Roger :)

    Happy to link up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. In India the petals of rambling roses are used for medicinal purposes also ! Love your post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have visited and reading your ramblings. It's nice to know a way to write that much! Some of us barely know how to finish a paragraph in our blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Right-o, Roger! "R" for me is ROME today! Reminiscing a ripping trip in the Eternal City!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My regards, Roger. My "R" is for Rhodes, Greece.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Boa tarde, ler o que escreve é interessante, cativante e belo, obrigado pela partilha.
    AG

    ReplyDelete
  16. When I was in high school, a teacher told me I could never become a writer because I ramble too much. Ha! I proved her wrong. And, I still ramble.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I always enjoy reading your ramblings Roger. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Always enjooy seeing your comments on various blogs....they seem so witty and engaging....thanks for being on the abc team♪

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are Rarely (couldn't find an "R" word that means never) verbose. Every post a treat.. Really. And, love Rambling Rose. Thanks so much for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yep! You have had a great time... not only coming up with the logo, but with the post! :-) Too much fun!

    ReplyDelete